SERC Mobile App
Project Leads: Katherine Walsh, Shaun Beall
Sponsor: SERC (Student Environmental Resource Center) and Chinook Book
TGIF Grant: $10,000
Project Status: Education and Behavior Change
Project Description: SERC and Chinook Book have teamed up to create a sustainable living and educational mobile app that is available for FREE to all UC Berkeley students, staff, and faculty. The app provides resources and discounts: events, jobs, links to sustainability organizations, and over 200 mobile coupons from sustainable local merchants.
- Customize the existing Chinook Book app to a SERC special edition app. Create and upload UC Berkeley sustainability and student-focused educational content for the app.
- Provide single-use mobile discounts redeemable at over 200 local green businesses, businesses that meet Chinook Book’s criteria.
- Use the app as a communication tool for SERC’s community publicity efforts.
- Secure 5,000 UC Berkeley app users.
- Track the number of app downloads, mobile sessions, views & impressions of educational content, mobile coupon redemptions, “favorites” at participating businesses, and the amount of money the app steers towards the local sustainable economy.