High Efficiency Hand Dryers in Barrows Hall
Sponsor: ASUC Sustainability Team
TGIF Grant: $11,036
Project Theme: Waste Reduction
Project Description: The project will install four high efficiency hand dryers in Barrows Hall. The high efficiency hand dryers are a sustainable alternative to paper towel dispensers, which create unnecessary waste.
- Promote sustainability on campus.
- Conduct a waste audit for paper towel dispensers.
- Measure the amount of money that high efficiency hand dryers save compared to the amount of money spent on purchasing paper towels and disposing of paper towel waste.
- In the long term, install more high efficiency hand dryers on campus to replace paper towel dispensers.
- Aid the University of California, Berkeley in achieving the Zero Waste by 2020 goal.